Monday, September 18, 2006

I LOVE MONDAYS

After a busy weekend, I look forward to Mondays. This is the day that I can get caught up on cleaning and re-group from the weekend. Also on mondays I try to write down what I hope to accomplish this week. Now that I am working a few days a week, I have to organize me time a little better.

Last Thursday and Friday I taught 8th grade social studies. I loved it. I really enjoy that age. The hightlight was on Friday when a student came and told me how much fun he had and he hoped I came back. Another boy wrote "I love Mrs. Trachsel" on the white board. I think this was because I allowed them to do their homework in groups.

We had another whirlwind weekend. Friday night we went to the football with good friends. Saturday, we drove 6 hours to watch Ashley run 21 minutes. It was worth the trip. We had a chance to visit with Ashley, family and even a dear friend that we hadn't seen in years. SHe was a former youth from our church who has just as goofy as she was 4 years ago.

Austin had a soccer game this weekend as well. An interesting thing happened as we were walking to the game. An older man and his dog pulled up beside us and asked how old the children were playing today. This seemed like an odd question. His car had out of state license plates. After we spoke to him, he pulled over and watched the field for a short time. This made me very uncomfortable. The field is also beside a playground and a busy library. I hated to categorize this man, but everything inside me said I should let someone know about this. At halftime, I went into the library and explained what I saw. I pray that this was just coincidence....but better safe then sorry. It's a shame that the news is full of stories of children being harmed.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

wierd...a couple weekends ago we were playing outside riding bikes & an old man pulled up to us in his car and quacked like donald duck & said "hello" in that same voice...then he drove away...I called the police...too many wierdos in the world to not be careful...