Tuesday, September 12, 2006

MONEY...THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL

I feel compelled today to use my blog to journal what is in my heart. Many of you know that I lost my grandmother in May. What a tragic lost. I miss her so much and I wish she was here now to solve some problems...but I am also thankful to know that she isn't here to see how people are behaving. Growing up...you never wanted to disappoint Nee. I know...she would be so disappointed in the behavior of some people. Especially those she called friend. Why is this going on? MONEY!!!

Today I am speaking in Amish country to a group of women and I will be sharing the Gospel. I wish I could cancel. My anger got the best of me last night...and I can't believe the effect it had on me. I believe my mom summed it up best last night when she said it was like we are seeing death occur again when you begin to see relationships crumble.

I ask that you pray that my family and I come through this in a way that glorifies the Lord. I also ask that each one of you evaluate your relationships. Relationships with family and friends and most importantly God is the most imporant thing in this world. Money will disappear and material possessions will fade away. Friendships and family are important.

Is there someone that you need to say I'm sorry to? Is there someone that you need to call, email, write? Do it today. I am praying for a few of these situations for myself and some friends. I hope healing comes.

I feel so strongly about this. Don't just say "I'll pray about it"..NO!! Do something about it. Truly...what is there to pray about...YOU know God wants you to heal that relationship. Pray that he will open doors and help you do it...but there really is no time to wait. JUST DO IT!!! Friendships are too important to treat as disposable!!! I think this is especially true for those of us who profess to be followers of Christ. He was all about LOVE! Love thy neighbor thing...remember.

I will now step off my soapbox.

No comments: