Monday, September 25, 2006

PRIDE COMES BEFORE THE FALL...AND A GIRDLE

Well I am finally seeing some fruit of all of my running labor. The scale shows that I have lost 11 pounds. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tell everyone about my weight loss. Yesterday at church, I was sharing how proud I was of the fact that I have stuck with a program and that I had lost some weight.

Later that day, I was at Kohl's and ran into a friend that I had not seen in at least 2 years. She looked at me and pointed to my stomach and I thought for sure she was going to compliment me on my weight lost. She asked "When is your baby due?" I was shocked. At first I was going to play along and make up some due date because I knew she would be so embarassed. I said "I am not pregnant!" She felt terrible and I kind of shook it off and told her not to worry about it. Down deep I was mortified. I wasn't sure what to do as I walked away...so I did what any vain woman with low self image would do... I went to the lingerie department and bought a girdle.

Little bit of advice...unless a woman is wearing a shirt that acually says "baby on board"...don't ask her if she is pregnant.

1 comment:

Angie Marino Smith said...

ouch!! Remember Joy it is not about WHAT you look like...it is HOW you feel...(okay yeah right- we live in a self image is everything world- it is hard to not feel that way)but I'm sure proud of you...