Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CAMP ROCK...ROCKS


Austin comes home everyday excited about camp. Today they met Jim Peterick who wrote "Eye of the Tiger." The kids were impressed that he knew Sylvester Stallone. Austin asked if I had ever heard of any of the bands that he played for since it would have been during my teenage years. I told Austin unless he played back-up for David Cassidy or Donny Osmond I probably wouldn't know him. We are gearing up for the big show on Friday. We spent all day making shirts for all of the band members families. My says "mom of the guitarist" on the back. We helped Austin practice his autograph just for fun.

I was getting ready for church tonight and I was thinking about Austin's excitement. How could we duplicate that for church? I keep a binder of ideas that I would use if I am ever blessed to be a children's director again. Several years ago I had written down "Camp Rock" for a church. I think you could do this in a very appropriate way and have a fun week for kids who love music. You have to be creative. Look at how the world is grabbing our kid's attention. We have to be creative in how we do ministry. I have a whole notebook full of fun and creative ideas...just waiting for the opportunity.

No comments: