Monday, July 07, 2008

KINDERGARTEN MEMORIES

Do you have a certain meal that reminds you of a special time in your life. I do. My grandmother's bake steak and gravy, my mom's chili, my grandmother's graham cracker pie.

We returned from Chicago last night and I was too tired to cook so everyone was on their own for dinner. I went to fix myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when something in the pantry caught my eye...fritos. It took me back to kindergarten. Everyday my best friend Kim Runyon would bring a PB&J and fritos. She would open her sandwich and pour the fritos on the sandwich. We thought it was so cool that kim's sandwich made a crunching noise when she bit into it. We all began putting "crunchies" on our sandwiches. The best was fritos. So last night...I regressed back to kindergarten and put the "crunchies" on my sandwich. It was just as good as it was 37 years ago.

No comments: