Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CONFERENCE

I mentioned earlier some exciting news about an upcoming conference. I believe STMM founder Leigh says it much better. With her permission...I am including an excerpt from her blog.

Leigh writes:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries has just been granted 501(c) tax exempt status. That means that we are able to take donations and give the donor a tax benefit. Yeah!! But having said that we have little to nothing in the pot to speak of. If you remember correctly our speakers take no kind of speaking fee. I would say we have even less than 5 loaves and 2 fish. Nevertheless God has given me this story today to encourage me that He will provide in abundance.

September 2009 I have rented the Marion Civic Center for a conference for men and women. I have already booked Curtis Jones, Beth Moore's son in law, to speak. I am working on the worship leader and a few more speakers. Priscilla Shirer has already gracefully declined. So i continue to reach my hand in the basket to pull out more and more loaves and fishes. Every time I begin to panic - will anyone show up - how will i ever pay for all this - what if my speakers cancel at the last minute - how is this different than anything else - I reach my hand once again in the basket and
He provides...scripture, cards from friends, emails from family, holy nudges!!




Head over to Leigh's blog to get more details and the story of how God led her to this decision.

Pray for us!!!

No comments: