Monday, August 18, 2008

DEVOTIONS ON MONDAY

I am hoping to begin some sort of posting schedule for my blog. Mondays are hard and I thought it would be a good idea to begin the week with a devotional. Here goes the first devotion on what I am calling:

hmmm...I don't know what I will call it...yet.



Tomorrow is the first day of school. I asked my son what he was going to wear tomorrow...his response..."the first thing I see when I open my closet tomorrow." I remember planning for days what I would wear on the first day of school. I do have an embarassing confession in this area. I grew up watching "One Day at A Time" with Valerie Bertinelli. I loved the show and I loved her character. I thought she was so cool. I would watch the show to see what she would wear and then I would try to find a similar outfit. Maybe I will post a picture sometime of my failed attempt to her. Fast forward a few years later...okay...25 years. I am still guilty of trying to immulate others that I see. I try to parent like other moms that I meet, I try to have material items that other women have, I try to be like what society woud call the "Jones'" One question...who are the "Jones'"



I am reminded in His Word that " ... godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness." 1 Timothy 6:6-11


I need to be who He created me to be. As a matter of fact...I don't even think I would like the "Jones'" whoever they are.
Be you today!!!!

2 comments:

Mags said...

Good point about the Jones... I'm sure if we actually met "them" - they'd be a really annoying family! :) I like your part of being "who God intended me to be" - that can be very hard sometimes!
Thanks for the words,
:) Mags
everydayplaces.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is great:)i plan on reading it daily!