Monday, August 11, 2008

OLYMPICS SHOULD CHALLENGE US ALL

As I watched the opening ceremony of the olympics something occurred to me. All of the athletes marching around the stadium once had a dream...and now they have fulfilled that dream. They just didn't wake up last week and decide to try out for an olympic team. No! It took many hours of training and preparing and probably many obstacles to get to China. I have dreams and I have to keep reminding myself that I need to put the effort behind it. I am not going to just wake up one day and my book be pubished. I am not going to just wake up one day and be thinner and healthier. (now that's a dream) I'm not going to wake up one day and be debt free. I am not going to wake up one day and have the job that I always wanted.

How about you...what's your dream?

Today Austin went to his football (dream)practice. Number 48 came home tired but excited.

Off to Dick's Sporting Goods. I am not going to just wake up tomorrow and all of his dream (football) supplies be ready for him.

No comments: