Wednesday, August 06, 2008

IT PAYS TO YARD SALE...LITERALLY

I love garage sales. I love yard sales and estate sales. My eye is always looking for that homemade sign that will lead me to that ultimate find.

It has been a great year for me.

I found Ashley a great couch for $40, matching area rug for $5 and other great finds.

Last week I happened to drive by a sale and decided to stop. It was a clean, well organized sale and all of the proceeds were going to charity. Her stuff was great. I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe and tried to squeeze my feet into a size 5. She had beautiful stylish shoes, never worn...at a great price. This is where I bought Ashley's couch.

As I was checking out, she asked if I wanted to buy a raffle ticket. Sure...I always support breast cancer.

Today...my door bell rang...I WON $100 in Gas cards. I was so excited!!!

See...the next time people tell me I am crazy for always searching for that great deal...I say...WHO BOUGHT YOUR GAS TODAY?

No comments: