Tuesday, February 03, 2009

ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT WE ASK

I have truly seen the power of prayer recently.

Example 1
At the beginning of the week I needed to fill so many teacher openings at church that it seemed overwhelming. As the week progressed... I saw God fill each slot...except for one. Sunday morning at 7:30 am...still one opening...I prayed.
Sunday morning at 9:30 am...still one opening (class started at 10:00) Sunday morning at 9:45...still one opening...so I stepped in to teach. Sunday morning at 10:00 am...experienced teacher volunteers to step in...10:15 am another volunteer steps in to offer additional help. 10:16 am...I'm doing the happy dance. I prayed for 1 volunteer and He sends 2.

Example 2
I had women on our speaking team pray that I would receive an offer to speak. As of today...I have 2 offers.

He answered my prayer above and beyond what I asked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy- You have so graciously done your job with no complaints! You have been faced with some challenges and you have stood strong and will continue to stand strong! I will mark your speaking engagement on my calendar and come!
Blessings today!