Wednesday, February 04, 2009

TODAY WAS A SUPERBOWL MOMENT

Okay...I am probably one of the few people who did not watch the super bowl last sunday. I truly know nothing about the game. My son played for the first time this year and I went to every game. I cheered when the crowd cheered so it seemed that I knew what I was doing. I know that many people cheered loudly when their team won on sunday and many cried when their team lost. People lost their voices from cheering. I can't relate...sorry...but I can relate to being on a winning team.

Today in our all church staff meeting I felt like I was on a winning team. Many ministries shared stories of how lives were changed at outreach events this past weekend. 18 teens gave their life to Christ...11 men checked that they wanted to know more about a personal relationship with Jesus. One little boy, who was muslim, asked about Jesus dying on the cross. That me friend is a win. That is better than any touchdown. I don't even know what it means to "sack the ball" but I know that seeing lives changed is better.

Watching football is fun for many people. That's great...but knowing and having a personal relationship and sharing that with others is better!!!

So team...let's get off the sidelines...get into the game...let's expand our winning team.

Rah!! Rah!!! (yes...I was a cheerleader...still didn't understand the game)

No comments: