Friday, February 13, 2009

MENTORING

For several years now, I have had someone in my life that I consider to be my mentor. For awhile we met on a formal basis and planned times to meet. For the last couple of years this has become more informal and very effective. She is one of the first calls I make when I need advice, counsel or prayer. I can always count on honest advice, scripturally based counsel and love.

Yesterday it dawned on me that maybe it was time to give back. I don't consider myself someone who is wise or someone who can quote the appropriate scripture when needed...but I do consider myself someone who is available, teachable and caring. I asked God if maybe it was time for me to "mentor" someone and if it was...to bring that someone to me.

Today...when I opened my daily devotion...this was the prayer that was attached to the devo:


Dear God, There are people in this world that I can learn so much from; people who have gone through hard things that have strengthened their faith, people who have been Christians for years and are so much more spiritually mature than I am. On the other hand, there are people in this world who can learn from me. Please show me if there is someone you would have me be a mentor to or someone who should be my mentor. And please, keep working on me so that I might be the witness in the world that you want me to be. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

BILLBOARD MOMENT!!!

Here I am Lord...

******UPDATE:

After I posted this blog about mentoring, someone looked at my blog from Rome, Italy. To that person...I want to say...where God leads I will follow. I would be open to an overseas mentoring opportunity. I love pasta, pizza and Italian shoes. In fact...I will apply for a passport today...all in the name of Serving (and pasta, pizza and shoes)

1 comment:

Ash said...

she would be one lucky girl to have you as her mentor. I know from personal experience. ;)