Friday, July 11, 2014

Dream Big!!!

I am not exaggerating when I say that this could possibly be one of the most passion driven posts that I will write on this blog. Let me explain. As a child I was constantly amazed how creative my dad was. He was always writing stories, poems, short stories, etc. I loved hearing him speak at churches and enjoyed the humorous stories he used to teach Biblical truths. I also will never forget the numerous times he shared a big regret…he always wanted to write a book. As I reached adulthood, I realized that I had inherited my dad’s creativity and his passion for writing. It almost seemed that when he passed away, a little bit of himself remained on earth with me. I also realized that there was one thing that I did not want to inherit….his regret. Four years ago God began to place on my heart a burden for a book. I fought this desire out of fear. Each time I would begin to write I would shortly stop. Doubting thoughts would enter my head and I began to believe that this dream would never happen. I asked myself if the world really needed another book anyway. The strange thing about a dream is that if it is real and if it is from God…it can’t and won’t die. During this time of struggle, I began reading a blog written by a man named Ben Arment. He was not just a dreamer…but he was a big dreamer. He shared stories of big dreams that turned into big opportunities. I also noticed that he was vulnerable enough to share the obstacles and hurdles that a dreamer has to overcome. Ben not only wanted the reader to learn from his mistakes and successes but he was passionate about cultivating future dreamers. He had developed a one year coaching program for those that had a dream and were unsure of the next step. As if someone had guided my hand through the process, I applied to this program and was accepted. Not only was it affirmation of my dream, but it was affirmation of me…the dreamer. Through Ben’s guidance, prayer, emails, tweets, my book was published. I can honestly say…it would never have been completed if it weren’t for Dream Year and the principles of the program. The take away from the one year coaching far extends beyond the 153 page book I wrote. I have used Ben’s teaching in my personal and professional life. I now know the importance of making big asks. If I don’t ask…I assume I already know the answer. Amazing ministry opportunities have been possible…because I asked. Each time I step out of my comfort zone and “ask big” I am rarely told “no”. I have been blown away by how easy it is to see doors open when you kick fear to the side and embrace faith. I could go on and on about Dream Year but that is no longer needed. Why? Because now an opportunity is available for you to experience Dream Year and to learn how you can embrace your dream and live with passion. Ben has written a book and is coming to Cleveland on August 27th. The details are here. https://www.picatic.com/pitchnightcleveland I am asking you to do something…take a chance. Take a chance and join other dreamers at this event. What do you have to lose? The big question is….”what do you have to gain.”

No comments: