Friday, July 11, 2014

Letter To My Future Grandchild

To My future grandchild I will be the one that drops everything the moment I hear that you are about to make your entrance. I will be the one that will annoy everyone with the huge amounts of pictures of you that I will never stop sharing I will be the one that inhibits your walking ability by not allowing your little feet to touch the ground until you are 7. I will be the one that serves your ice cream for dinner when you come to visit I will be the one that reminds Pa Pa Wally that every nature hike should end at Dairy Queen I will be the one that sits on the front row of every recital, VBS performance and any other event that includes I will be the one that secures your domain name the moment I know your name. I will be the one that gives umpires dirty looks when they have been a bad call for your team. I will be the one that carries on the tradition of always having a cookie drawer and placing $20 in your hand each time I see you I will be the one that reminds you each day how handsome or beautiful you are I will be the one that reminds your mom that she was barely told the word no. I will be the one that will comfort you when your heart is broken and remind you that I really never liked him or her. I will be the one that will encourage you to dream crazy wild dreams and to ignore those that tell you it sounds crazy I will be the one that will prays for you and storms that gates of hell to protect you I will be the one that laughs when you laugh, cries when you cry and dreams when you dream. I will be the one that teaches you important garage sales skills I will be the one that will embarrass you with sappy texts I will be the one that convinces your parents to buy you a puppy I will be the one that constantly reminds you how awesome God is I will be the one that will always have mercy gifts for you at Christmas I will be the one that buys whatever you are selling in order for you to win the biggest prize I will be the one that cries the first time I have to tell you no and will probably say yes shortly after I will be the one that just watches you sleep for hours. Lastly… I will be the one that loves you…the way Jesus loves me.

No comments: