Friday, July 11, 2014

It happened again today…and it felt great!

I love hearing the following words…”would you please talk to my friend?” Let me explain. Over the past few years, God has prompted me to openly share some personal struggles that I have experienced (and still experience) in my life. I said no for many years because I wasn’t ready to be vulnerable. I feared that other women would judge me, talk about me, and maybe…not like me. I’ll never forget the moment when God asked me to stop faking it…and being it! I was in the middle of a speaking engagement when God said “tell them…tell them your story.” I tried to ignore God, but He was relentless. I finally surrendered it to God and openly shared my struggle. Afterwards, several women shared their same story. Every time I share this part of my life, I experience the same scenario. I went a step further and wrote about it here. All I can say is THANK YOU JESUS! I love it when my struggles can encourage someone else. It happened again today. A dear woman approached me at church and gave me the phone number of a friend. She asked if I would call a complete stranger and share my story. I said YES. It wasn’t just a YES to my friend…but it was a YES to God. I said YES because several years ago a dear woman in my life said YES when she shared with me her struggle. This is what God calls each of us to do. He calls us to walk alongside each other. He calls us to encourage one another. Do you want to see what walking alongside another person looks like?

No comments: